Your Cart

  • Your cart is empty


IL New Cannabis Laws and Your Second Amendment Rights

In the New Year there will be a bevy of new laws facing Illinois Citizens. One new law that Gun Owners should pay close attention to is PA 101-0027, the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act. This new law allows Illinois citizens over twenty-one the ability to purchase and consume cannabis recreationally. Illinois citizens have had the ability to purchase and consume cannabis for medical reasons for five years. There is a difference between the purchase and use of Medical Cannabis and Recreational Cannabis as it relates to your lawful rights to own and possess a firearm in Illinois. The following information is an attempt to dispel any myths or bad information that we have seen shared on various social media platforms as it relates to the ca...  Read More

Ron & Jo's Firearms & Sporting Supplies II Inc. Contact Info

ADDRESS: 1556 Frontage Rd. O'Fallon Illinois, 62269 PHONE: 618-628-7480 FAX: 618-628-7482 EMAIL: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL OR EMAIL WITH QUESTIONS  Read More

Glock Blue Label Program

Here at Ron & Jo's Firearms we have a great respect for the men and women who serve our country. Thats why we try our very best to bring not only the best products to you, but the most competitive pricing as well. People who qualify for this include: Sworn Law Enforcement Officers (Federal, State, & Local Agencies) Retired L.E. Officers with “Retired Credentials” Fire Fighters Paramedics Corrections Officers (Including Parole and Probation Officers) Military Personel (Including Reservists & National Gaurd with I.D.) Retired Military (With Credentials) Court Judges, District Attorneys & Deputy District Attorneys L.E. Academy Cadets with Enrollment Documentation GSSF Mem...  Read More

How to Get a FOID card or Concealed Carry License

08/09/2017 What does CCW or CCL stand for? A.CCWstands for Concealed Carry Weapon. CCL stands for Concealed Carry License. They are often used interchangeably. Am I eligible for an Illinois Concealed Carry permit? The answer is yes as long as:  I am at least 21 years old.  I have a valid FOID card. (you can apply for a F.O.I.D card at the same time as your CCW permit)  I do not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, or intoxicating compounds within the last 5 years. I am not subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.  I have not been in residen...  Read More

Weapon Mounted Lights/Lasers PROS and CONS

A common debate in the firearms industry is about whether to use Weapon Mounted Lights/lasers. Most people often don’t consider that their personal firearms they carry or have for defense may very well be used at night or in a low light situation. A Weapon Mounted Light and/or laser is defiantly not needed for every single gun, but in some situations, having the advantage of a Weapon Mounted Light puts you on top. In this article I will mention many of the pro’s as well as cons of the use of a WML (weapon mounted light).                 Before we identify any of the pros and cons of a WML, we have to ask ourselves what particular firearm we are talking about. If you have a gun that you carry every day, you might not even want to make it...  Read More

Shotgun Hunting Whitetail in Illinois, What Kind of Setup Should I Have?

From the most experienced hunters to new hunters today, we all have it. That feeling of your heart pumping addrenaline and a monster buck in front of you. This exhilerating sensation is a feeling mankind has had for thaousands of years. And an even better feeling after a successful hunt bringing meat  back home. For years we have been developing new technologies and methods to help become better hunters. When you take all the time and effort to plan, prep and execute a hunt, the last thing you need is to make the odds more difficult. So choosing your equiptment to best suit your situation is critical for all hunters. So what set up do i use? My shotgun of choice is a Savage 220. One of Savage Arms most distinct features is their accu-tr...  Read More

What Bullet Weight and Twist To Use With an AR-15?

When it comes to determining what bullet weight to use do you know the difference? This factor alone can have an impact on the accuracy of your firearm. So, it is important to match up the correct ammo for your specific firearm and barrel. The twist of your barrel will help stabilize the projectile in flight. The weight, shape, velocity of the bullet and length of the barrel will determine the accuracy of your shot. If we are talking about a standard AR-15 with a 16-inch barrel, it will most likely have a 1-in-8 twist rate. This is generally a good twist for versatility in that it will stabilize a 55gr bullet up to 80gr bullet. The military for example uses a 1-in-7 twist rate, this twist rate is unique in that it will stabilize tracer r...  Read More